1. Name and contact details of the controller and the privacy officer
This privacy declaration applies to data processing by:
Deutschland | Germany
The responsible body is under current law not obliged to appoint a privacy officer. If you have questions about privacy, the managing director Prof. Dr. Karin Büttner-Janz is at your disposal.
2. Collection and storage of personal data and the nature and purpose of their use
When you visit our website www.spinefoundation.info, the browser used on your device automatically sends information to the server of our website. This information is temporarily stored in a so-called log file. Therefore, the following information will be collected without your intervention and stored until automated deletion:
- IP address of the requesting computer,
- Name and URL of the retrieved file,
- Date and time of access,
- Website from which access is made (referrer URL),
- The browser used and, if applicable, the operating system of your computer as well as the name of your access provider
We process the mentioned data for the following purposes:
- Evaluation of system security and stability,
- Ensuring a smooth connection of the website,
- Ensuring comfortable use of our website, as well
- for further administrative purposes
The purposes stated here represent legitimate interests and thus the legal basis for data processing according to Art. 6 (1) S.1 lit.f GDPR. In no case do we use the data collected for the purpose of drawing conclusions about you.
3. Disclosure of data
We transfer personal data to third parties only under the following requirement and under the following conditions:
- in the case of your express consent pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. a GDPR,
- if the transfer is required according to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f GDPR for asserting, exercising or defending legal claims and there is no reason to assume that you have a predominantly legitimate interest in not disclosing your data,
- if there is a legal obligation to disclose according to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. c GDPR, and
- in case of necessity and legal admissibility of the disclosure for the execution of the contractual relationship with you in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. b DSGVO is required for the settlement of contractual relationships with you.
4. Contact via the website
The website www.spinefoundation.info contains, due to legal regulations, information that enables fast electronic contact as well as direct communication, which includes the transmission of an e-mail address and possibly further, including personal, data. If an affected person contacts the Spine Foundation or the controller through e-mail, through a contact form or in connection with a donation, personal data provided by the data subject will be automatically saved. Such personal information provided on a voluntary basis by a person to the Spine Foundation or to the controller will be stored for the purposes of processing or contacting the person. There is no disclosure of such personal data to third parties.
5. Rights of Persons Affected
You have the following rights:
Right of access by the data subject (Art. 15 GDPR): You may at any time request information about the data stored about you, including, but not limited to, the processing purposes, the categories of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data has been disclosed, the planned retention period, the right of rectification, Deletion, limitation of processing or opposition, the existence of a right of appeal, the origin of their data, if not collected from us, as well as the existence of automated decision-making including profiling; If necessary, you can also request meaningful information about their details;
Right to rectification (Art. 16 GDPR): You have the right to promptly request the completion or correction of the personal information we have stored about you;
Right to erase (Art. 17 GDPR): You may request at any time the deletion of your personal data stored by us, unless the processing is necessary for the exercise of the right to freedom of expression and information, for the fulfillment of a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or for the assertion, exercise or defense of legal claims;
Right to restriction of processing (Art. 18 GDPR): As far as the accuracy of the data is disputed by you, the processing is unlawful, but you reject their deletion and we no longer need the data, but you need them to assert, exercise or defense of legal claims or you pursuant to Art. 21 DSGVO objection to the Processing, you have the right to request the restriction of processing;
Right to data portability (Art. 20 GDPR): Upon request, we will provide you with the personal data you have provided to us in a structured, common and machine-readable format or forward it to another person in charge;
Withdraw of consent (Art. 7 Abs. 3 GDPR): You have the right, at any time, to revoke a given consent with effect for the future.
6. Withdraw of consent
If your personal data are based on legitimate interests in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f GDPR are processed, you have the right to file an objection against the processing of your personal data in accordance with Art. 21 DSGVO, provided there are reasons for this arising from your particular situation. If we should send you direct mail on the legal basis of the legitimate interest, you have a general right of objection. We will implement you immediately, you do not have to give reasons for your objection.
7. Data Security
For your website visit, we use the widely used SSL (Secure Socket Layer) method in conjunction with the highest level of encryption supported by your browser. This is usually a 256 bit encryption. If your browser does not support 256-bit encryption, we alternatively use 128-bit v3 technology.
By displaying a lock symbol in the lower status bar of your browser, you can see whether a single page of our website has been encrypted.
Furthermore, we use appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect your data against accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or total loss, destruction or against unauthorized access by third parties. We are constantly improving our security measures in line with technological developments.
8. Change of this data protection explanation